Many merchants are used to using Google Analytics for a historical understanding of traffic to their site.
Now with the availability of free real time analytics tools like Lexity Live, merchants have the ability to see what customers are visiting their store now and what they are doing.
Why is this kind of information useful? Here are some of the reasons:
- You can close sales that would have been lost otherwise by offering to chat with visitors who are in your shopping cart. These chats can answer questions and generate sales!
- You can see whether your current promotions are effective in generating traffic to certain products or parts of your site or need to be tweaked.
- You can see if people get stuck on certain product pages without going to the shopping cart, meaning you need to change either the product content, pricing, or the page flow.
- You can track if people that go to your shopping cart are converting to sales. If not, you can consider offering product discounts or bundles that will make the purchase more compelling.
- You can see the peak times of day and peak days per week when you get the most traffic to know when to staff your chat and check if your servers are able to handle the load without long response times.
- You can see the geo-location of individual visitors to your store and understand how local your business is. This will tell you whether to offer special shipping arrangements to attract more business from areas where you have fewer sales.
- Gives you an intuitive feel for what products people are interested in. Similar to standing at the cash register in a bricks and mortar store and watching people shop.
These are a few of the ways that real-time analytics can help you run your store more effectively. Try the Lexity Live extension on Magento Connect today and start generating more revenue and traffic for your store.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-533-8144 if questions.